Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Installing New RAM and Upgrading the Operating System

The 4 GB of new RAM arrived! I installed it within a few minutes and made this video in case you would like to know how to upgrade your RAM in an older MacBook (2,1).



After I installed the RAM, I cleared up some space on my hard drive and installed Snow Leopard. It was $29 at the apple store, not too bad for an Operating System upgrade. After that I installed Xcode 3. This is not the latest version of Xcode. Xcode 4 is still in Beta and my professor is teaching to Xcode 3 so I'm sticking with that for now. This install came with the latest iOS SDK which allows iPhone application development. 'iOS' is the new name for the Operating System that runs on iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads.
 
I finally have my environment set up, time to start programming!

No comments:

Post a Comment